Buchanan is a boutique corporate, commercial and intellectual property practice with a national client base operating out of Bayside Melbourne. We’re highly skilled and highly personalised providers of legal strategy, advice, and representation. We love what we do!
We’re on the lookout for a dedicated and talented IP commercial lawyer to join our growing team. Ideally, you’ll have 2-4 years experience gained from a reputable law firm and/or quality in-house experience.
The successful candidate can expect:
- Mentorship and Balance. You’ll work closely with the practice founder and another senior lawyer. You’ll be supported in your ambitions for professional development. We work hard, but you’ll be encouraged to embrace our values of balance, family and fun.
- Professional challenge. Our fantastic client base has high demands when it comes to our expertise and service. With a proactive and positive approach to finding solutions, you’ll thrive in this environment.
- A rare opportunity in a great environment. This is a great opportunity to be part of a collegiate team, to work for a diverse range of quality clients outside of the confines of a traditional law firm model.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has 2-4 years post-admission experience in any one or more of the following Buchanan practice areas: IP & Technology, general commercial and business law, corporate advisory and transactions.
- Has strong academics, excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Is proactive and capable of working both autonomously and as part of a small team.
- Wants to break-free from the shackles of a city law firm and work in a great Melbourne Bayside office.
- Isn’t precious, and has realistic expectations about what it means to work in a boutique legal practice.
If you’re interested, please send your CV to email@example.com. If you’d like any additional information about the role, please call Scott Buchanan on 0409 924 294. This might just be the best decision you’ve ever made!
No agency contact, please.